Boiler Buddy is designed to be used in heating systems with
low-mass boilers, geothermal, chilled water applications, or
low-mass radiation. Boilers operating at low loads will short
cycle which leads to sooting, premature component failure (nuisance
lockouts) and inefficiency. The Boiler Buddy tank is a factory
insulated and jacketed storage tank, adding mass to the system
and providing the necessary buffer to prevent short cycling.
BB-18 & BB-30 come standard with 1 aquastat well.
BB-50-G, BB-80-3W, BB-119-3W
BB-50-G, BB-80-3W, & BB-119-3W include 3 aquastat wells for precise temperature measurement, especially for geothermal applications.
BB-80-C includes a carbon steel internal coil and 1 aquastat well. This feature allows for flexibility in design. Design applications include; hydronic buffer tank/heat supplemented by solar, geothermal, or wood boiler.
*Boiler Buddy tanks are not for use with potable water.
with your needs in mind:
- Aquastat Control Well included for precise temperature
measurement for heating and geothermal systems.
- Air Eliminator built into the top of tank provides
optimal air elimination for the whole system.
- Boiler Buddy provides hydro separation, making
piping design simple.
- Full port boiler drain valve allows easy sediment
removal and also works exceptionally well for fast filling
- Designed with large nipples to provide better
flow that is easier on equipment, more efficient, and allows
for better mixing in tank.
- ¾” full port ball valve now upgraded to a ¾” Webstone Ball Valve with integrated hose bib fitting which allows for fast and easy drainage